If you don’t sign up for rewards and loyalty programs, you’re missing out on free perks and gifts. Several brands offer a compensation to loyal customers, which is a great way to get freebies and discounts.
Over the years, I’ve earned some great perks from CVS, Sephora, Express, and other brands.
In this post, I’m going to share all my secrets on how I’ve earned perks and discounts worth $300 worth of makeup, clothes, and office supplies last year.
Sephora is my weak spot. The more you spend at Sephora, the more makeup you get. On my last purchase, I earned a mascara, perfume, and lipstick!
- Sephora’s beauty program offers a birthday gift (this year’s gift is a kit from Tarte and Caudalie), rewards bazaar (free makeup!), and free beauty classes to all members.
- If you spend more than $350 you become a VIB and become eligible to participate in a free custom makeover and earn gifts.
- Once you spend over $1000 in a calendar year, you will get unlimited free custom makeovers, a private hotline, an invitation to exclusive events (they offer breakfast), and 2-day shipping on all orders*.
Sounds pretty sweet to me! I always take advantage of Sephora’s annual sale, where they offer a percentage discount based on your status.
2. Best Buy
This is my favorite store for buying electronics. Electronics purchases can add up, so I always make sure I don’t forget to use my rewards.
- Best Buy’s rewards program is categorized into three levels: my Best Buy, Elite, and Elite Plus.
- It allows you to receive rewards with every dollar spent, free shipping, and exclusive member offers and sales.
- Every 250 points at Best Buy is redeemable for a $5 reward certificate. I’m saving my points to get new headphones.
3. Omaha Steaks
You can get rewarded when you buy food too! Omaha reward members can redeem their points for:
- 100 Points. for (16 oz.) pkg. Omaha Steakhouse Fries • 3.1 oz. Steak Seasoning • 4 Potatoes au Gratin.
- 200 Points for • 4 (3 oz.) Kielbasa Sausages • 4 Gourmet Jumbo Franks • 4 Caramel Applet Tartlets.
- 300 Points for • 4 (4 oz.) Omaha Steaks Burgers
This is probably where I’ve gotten the best rewards:
- CVS’ extra care card rewards members for purchases by offering coupons and offers.
- Members also get Extra Bucks to spend on merchandise at CVS.
I stop by CVS on a weekly basis, so I always have Extra Bucks to spend! On my last purchase, I got $15 that I redeemed for supplies. It was a great deal because these kinds of purchases add up!
Walgreens’ reward program is also pretty sweet. It has some things that are not offered at CVS, so it’s also a frequent stop for me.
- Walgreens rewards program provide exclusive offers, points, and more!
- Members exchange 40,000 points for $50 at Walgreens.
6. Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, and GAP
I’ve been a GAP credit card holder for many years and I’ve gotten some great perks because of it. It works like this:
- Earn points every time you shop with your credit card.
- Receive a $10 reward card after accumulating 1,000. points
- After making a few purchases you get a reward that can be used for yourself or pick something to give as a gift.
7. JC Penney
JC Penney offers a rewards program and a store card:
- Through the rewards program, you get 1 point for every $2 spent.
- If you are a credit card holder, you earn 1 point for every $1.
- You also get a birthday gift and invitations to events.
8. Ace Hardware
Ace Hardware is a great hardware store based in Illinois. I always get everything from here when I’m renovating. My latest purchase was a heater because ours broke.
- They always send me rewards such as coupons, tips for my home, and sale reminders, which is great because I don’t miss any deals.
- Sign up to earn 10 points for every dollar spent.
- If you are not a member yet sign up to get a bonus of 1,000 points!
Other recommended rewards and loyalty programs:
Kohl’s Yes2You rewards program is all about you!
- You get a point for every dollar spent.
- In addition, new members get 50 points for signing up and downloading the app!
Saks First is an exclusive rewards program that offers points for every dollar spent:
- Points can be redeemed for a $25 gift card.
- Members get access to exclusive events and sales.
- In addition, members can shop early collections.
Moosejaw’s rewards program offer access to perks, gifts, promotions, and free shipping. The more you spend, the more you get:
- You can apply rewards to your cart on almost everything on the site.
- You have two years to take advantage of perks before they expire, so make sure to take advantage of them!
Staples’ rewards program has two tiers:
- Staples’ rewards program offers rewards on 2% of purchases made in-store (some exclusions apply). Members also earn $2 in rewards per ink or toner cartridge (limit of 10 per month) returned to the store. To get the reward you must spend $30 in ink toner or cartridge in the last 180 days. Rewards can be used in-store or online.
- Premier Rewards members earn 5% of rewards on purchases made in-store (some exclusions apply). Premier members may recycle up to 20 ink toner or cartridges per month.
Petco’s reward program offers one point for every dollar spent.
- Members get a $5 reward after accumulating $5.
My puppy loves his new Star Wars Darth Vader Box Pet Bed from Petco!
I’m an Express NEXt member, so I get a lot of perks and gifts. I got a really pretty white top from Express for my birthday last year. I also get frequent discounts since I shop there so much. I get points on all of my purchases, birthday gifts, and rewards. Check out the perks:
- When you create your account you earn $15 for completing your profile, a $5 bonus reward for signing up for mobile texts, 250 points when you connect your social media account.
- As a rewards member, you get a $10 reward for every 2500 points ($250 points). A-list members earn a $15 gift card when they spend $250 points.
- Members earn exclusive offers, birthday gifts, 20 points for every dollar spent, and credit card A-list members get free shipping.
They also have clothes for men, so all of my gifts to my brother are from Express.
Macy’s Star Rewards offers great benefits for bronze, silver, gold, and platinum members:
- As a Bronze Member you will get star money days, perks & offers, and a birthday surprise.
- Silver status members also get 25% off on the day of your choice.
- In addition to bronze and silver perks, gold members get free shipping and platinum members get 5% back in rewards.
I’ve gotten a lot of free chocolate from Godiva. I introduced my mom to this brand and she became obsessed too! I already ordered her gift for Valentine’s Day from Godiva.
Other recommended rewards and loyalty programs:
Join Hilton Honors to get:
- Points to get free nights
- Room of your choice your room
- Digital check-in
- Free wifi
- Best prices
18. Best Western
Sign up to get rewarded with Best Western Rewards:
- A welcome gift when you check-in
- Bonus points
- Room upgrade
- Early check-in/check out
19. Choice Hotels
- Redeem points for a free night at a hotel.
- Redeem points for vacation properties such as condos, cabins, and more!
Sign up for Ultamate rewards to get points and redeem for products. Ulta has a tier system based on how much you spend per year. Some of the perks include:
- A birthday gift
- A birthday coupon
- Free shipping on orders over $25
To earn even more points sign up for Ultamate Rewards Credit Card. ave 20% when you sign up.
21. Sally Beauty
Become a member of the Sally Beauty Club to get:
- Exclusive discounts and deals
- A 15% reward when you spend $25+
- A birthday offer
- A free product when you renew your membership
Sign up for the Millionaire’s Club Membership to get exclusive benefits:
- Email offers
- $100 in coupons
- Free Wifi access
- Free shipping
- Membership costs $25
23. Dunkin’ Donuts
Sign up for Dunkin Donuts’ reward program to receive:
- Offers and discounts
- Treats and goodies
- Free beverages when you sign up, on your birthday, and every 200 points
I’ve gotten some great discounts and gifts because of my saving skills over the years. In addition to the perks listed above, I also get Cashback on every purchase. Click here to sign up.
If you’re new to rewards programs, start with one or two and see which ones are your favorites.
Let me know your favorite rewards program in the comments below!