If you don’t sign up for rewards and loyalty programs, you’re missing out on free perks and gifts. Even because, several brands offer a compensation to loyal customers, which is a great way to get freebies and discounts.
In this post, I’m going specifically to share all my secrets on how I’ve earned perks and discounts worth $300. All of this with rewards and loyalty programs when I bought makeup, clothes, and office supplies last year.
Sephora is my weak spot. The more you spend at Sephora, the more makeup you get. On my last purchase, I earned a mascara, perfume, and lipstick!
- Sephora’s beauty program offers a birthday gift. For example, This year’s gift is a kit from Tarte and Caudalie, free makeup and free beauty classes to members.
- If you spend more than $350 you become a VIB. Besides, you become eligible to participate in a free custom makeover and earn gifts.
- Once you spend over $1000 in a calendar year, you will get unlimited free custom makeovers and a private hotline. You also get an invitation to exclusive events (they offer breakfast), and 2-day shipping on all orders*.
Sounds pretty sweet to me! I always take advantage of Sephora’s annual sale, where they offer a percentage discount based on your status.
2. Best Buy
Generally, this is my favorite store for buying electronics. Electronics purchases can add up, so I always make sure I don’t forget to use my rewards.
- Best Buy’s rewards program is has three levels: my Best Buy, Elite, and Elite Plus.
- It allows you to receive rewards with every dollar spent, free shipping, and exclusive member offers and sales.
- Every 250 points at Best Buy is redeemable for a $5 reward certificate. I’m saving my points to get new headphones.
3. Omaha Steaks
You can get rewards when you buy food too! Omaha reward members can basically redeem their points for:
- 100 Points. for (16 oz.) pkg. Omaha Steakhouse Fries • 3.1 oz. Steak Seasoning • 4 Potatoes au Gratin.
- 200 Points for • 4 (3 oz.) Kielbasa Sausages • 4 Gourmet Jumbo Franks • 4 Caramel Applet Tartlets.
- 300 Points for • 4 (4 oz.) Omaha Steaks Burgers
This is probably where I get the best rewards:
- CVS’ extra care card rewards members for purchases by offering coupons and offers.
- Members also get Extra Bucks to spend on merchandise at CVS.
I stop by CVS on a weekly basis, so I always have Extra Bucks to spend! On my last purchase, I got $15 that I redeemed for supplies. It was a great deal because these kinds of purchases add up!
Walgreens’ reward program is also pretty sweet. It has some things that CVS doesn’t offer, so it’s also a frequent stop for me.
- Walgreens rewards program provides exclusive offers, points, and more!
- Members exchange 40,000 points for $50 at Walgreens.
6. Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, and GAP
I’m a GAP credit card holder for many years and I got great perks because of it. For instance, it works like this:
- Earn points every time you shop with your credit card.
- Receive a $10 reward card after accumulating 1,000. points
- After making a few purchases you get a reward to yourself or to pick something to give as a gift.
7. JC Penney
JC Penney offers a rewards program and a store card:
- Through the rewards program, you get 1 point for every $2 you spend.
- If you are a credit card holder, you earn 1 point for every $1.
- You also get a birthday gift and invitations to events.
8. Ace Hardware
Ace Hardware is a great hardware store based in Illinois. I always get everything from there when I’m renovating. My latest purchase was a heater because ours broke.
- They always send me rewards such as coupons, tips for home and sale reminders. Which is great because I don’t miss any deal.
- Sign up to earn 10 points for every dollar spent.
- If you are not a member yet sign up to get a bonus of 1,000 points!
Other recommended rewards and loyalty programs:
Kohl’s Yes2You rewards program is all about you!
- You get a point for every dollar you spend.
- In addition, new members get 50 points for signing up and downloading the app!
Saks First is an exclusive rewards program that offers points for every dollar spent:
- Redeem point for a $25 gift card.
- Members get access to exclusive events and sales.
- In addition, members can shop early collections.
Moosejaw’s rewards program offer access to perks, gifts, promotions, and free shipping. In fact the more you spend, the more you get:
- You can apply rewards to your cart on almost everything on the site.
- You have two years to take advantage of perks before they expire, so make sure to take advantage of them!
Staples’ rewards program has two tiers:
- The rewards program offers rewards on 2% of purchases made in-store (some exclusions apply). Members also earn $2 in rewards per ink or toner cartridge (limit of 10 per month) returned to the store. To get the reward you must spend $30 in ink toner or cartridge in the last 180 days. Use the rewards in-store or online.
- Premier Rewards members earn 5% of rewards on purchases made in-store (some exclusions apply). Besides that, Premier members may recycle up to 20 ink toner or cartridges per month.
Petco’s reward program offers one point for every dollar spent.
- In truth, members get a $5 reward after accumulating $5.
Above all, my puppy loves his new Star Wars Darth Vader Box Pet Bed from Petco!
I’m an Express NEXt member, so I get a lot of perks and gifts. I got a really pretty white top from Express for my birthday last year. Besides that, I also get frequent discounts since I shop there so much. Not to mention that I get points on all of my purchases, birthday gifts, and rewards. Check out the perks:
- When you create your account you earn $15 for completing your profile. Also, a $5 bonus reward for signing up for mobile texts, 250 points when you connect your social media account.
- As a rewards member, you get a $10 reward for every 2500 points ($250 points). A-list members earn a $15 gift card when they spend $250 points.
- Members earn exclusive offers, birthday gifts, 20 points for every dollar and credit card A-list members get free shipping.
They also have clothes for men, so all of my gifts to my brother are from Express.
Macy’s Star Rewards offers great benefits for bronze, silver, gold and platinum members:
- As a Bronze Member you will get star money days, perks & offers, and a birthday surprise.
- Silver status members also get 25% off on the day of your choice.
- In addition to bronze and silver perks, gold members get free shipping and platinum members get 5% back in rewards.
I earned a lot of free chocolate from Godiva and introduced my mom to this brand! Also, I already ordered her gift for Valentine’s Day from Godiva.
Other recommended rewards and loyalty programs:
Join Hilton Honors to get:
- Points to get free nights
- Room of your choice your room
- Digital check-in
- Free wifi
- Best prices
18. Best Western
Sign up to get rewards from Best Western Rewards:
- A welcome gift when you check-in
- Bonus points
- Room upgrade
- Early check-in/check out
19. Choice Hotels
- Redeem points for a free night at a hotel.
- Redeem points for vacation properties such as condos, cabins, and more!
- A birthday gift
- A birthday coupon
- Free shipping on orders over $25
To earn even more points sign up for Ultamate Rewards Credit Card.
21. Sally Beauty
Become a member of the Sally Beauty Club to get:
- Exclusive discounts and deals
- A 15% reward when you spend $25+
- A birthday offer
- A free product when you renew your membership
Sign up for the Millionaire’s Club Membership to get exclusive benefits:
- Email offers
- $100 in coupons
- Free Wifi access
- Free shipping
- Membership costs $25
23. Dunkin’ Donuts
Sign up for Dunkin Donuts’ reward program to receive:
- Offers and discounts
- Treats and goodies
- Free beverages when you sign up, on your birthday, and every 200 points
I could get some great discounts and gifts because of my saving skills over the years. In addition to the perks listed above, I also get cash back on every purchase. Click here to sign up.
If you’re new to rewards programs, you should certainly try one or two and see which ones are your favorites.
Let me know your favorite rewards and loyalty programs in the comments below!