About MLK Day:
Every third Monday in January, we celebrate Martin Luther King Day and in 2021 this celebration takes place today. So, you already know that Luther King was the main militant of non-violence against racial discrimination in American law and an defender for equality between blacks and whites. Literally Martin’s struggle has become a milestone in American history. His militant life is known and studied by countless people today! But you know everything about him? Let’s see 7 curiosities about Martin Luther King that you probably didn’t know!
- King’s original name was Michael King Jr. but in 1931, when he was just 6 years old, his father changed to Martin Luther King Jr;
- He was so smart that he entered college at just 15 years old;
- MLK has a degree in sociology and theology;
- Approximately 900 streets have your name. About 40 American states have at least one street with your name;
- At just 35, Martin was the youngest person to win the Nobel Prize;
- From 1957 until his death in 1968, King made more than 2,500 speeches, wrote 5 books and several articles;
- According to the Gallup research institute, Martin is the second most admired person of the 20th century. It’s only behind Mother Teresa.
We know that Martin Luther King was extremely important for the achievement of civil rights, and his intelligence above normal brought several curiosities to his life. An incredible man remembered and studied to this day, even 50 years after his death. It’s time to celebrate Martin Luther King Day and say “I have a dream …”!
Lemoney is a reward, coupons and cash back platform that gives you opportunities to make the best deal saving money. So you can get UP TO 50% cash back in a lot of stores being a Lemoney user. Besides, you can also get higher cash back rates to increase your savings. That way you can get more and save more at the same time. You just need to sign up to Lemoney. It’s free, simple and quick.