International Women’s Day dates back to the early 1900s to celebrate women all over the world. March 8th is a day to recognize women’s achievements and honor them. In this post, I will share with you five ways to celebrate your mother, daughter, girlfriend, sister, friend, teacher, or wife.
1. Write her a letter – Write a letter to the woman in your life about the things that you appreciate about her. Sending a card will be even more special. Hallmark has a large selection of cards that you can choose from. She will be happy to know you are thinking of her.
2. Get her flowers – I’ve never met a woman who doesn’t love to get flowers. Surprise her by sending flowers to her house or to work. We recommend Teleflora and 1-800 Florals. Bestsellers include violets and roses.
3. Buy her a gift – It doesn’t matter if you get her something big or small, it’s the thought that counts. Get her jewelry, mugs, perfume, or chocolate. Godiva is to die for!
4. Take her to dinner – Make this day all about her! A dinner out will make her feel appreciated and cared for. It doesn’t have to be expensive. Groupon and Restaurant.com are great options that offer cash back.
5. Go to an event – There are several events all over the world to celebrate women. If you’re in New York, consider going to the United Nations’ observance day to hear speakers such as the UN Secretary-General and Reese Witherspoon. Don’t forget to RSVP!
Although March is Women’s History Month, there are several ways you can celebrate women throughout the year. Read our blog post about mother’s day activities to get more ideas to celebrate the special women in your life.
What are you doing to celebrate International Women’s Day? Let me know in the comments below!